Registered Massage Therapy
Massage Therapy Services From Highly Trained Professionals
Our Massage Therapists are trained in Swedish massage, sports massage techniques, pediatric and infant massage therapy, prenatal and postnatal massage and more. A few of our therapists specialize in a variety of extensions of these modalities:
- Swedish Massage: This is the most common type of massage. It uses long, smooth strokes to help relax the body.
- Sports Massage: This type of massage is designed to help athletes recover from injuries and improve their performance.
- Pediatric and Infant Massage: This type of massage is specifically designed for children. It can help improve their sleep, reduce stress, and improve their overall health.
- Prenatal Massage: This type of massage is designed to help pregnant women relax and reduce stress.
- Postnatal Massage: This type of massage is designed to help new mothers recover from childbirth and promote bonding with their babies.
CranioSacral Therapy (CST)
A gentle, hands-on approach that releases tensions deep in the body to relieve pain and dysfunction and improve whole-body health and performance.
Using a soft touch which is generally no greater than 5 grams – about the weight of a nickel – practitioners release restrictions in the soft tissues that surround the central nervous system. CST is increasingly used as a preventive health measure for its ability to bolster resistance to disease, and it’s effective for a wide range of medical problems associated with pain and dysfunction.
Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD)
A type of gentle massage which is intended to encourage the natural drainage of the lymph, which carries waste products away from the tissues back toward the heart. The lymph system depends on intrinsic contractions of the smooth muscle cells in the walls of lymph vessels (peristalsis) and the movement of skeletal muscles to propel lymph through the vessels to lymph nodes and then beyond the lymph nodes to the lymph ducts which return lymph to the cardiovascular system. Manual lymph drainage uses a specific amount of pressure (less than 9 ounces per square inch or about 4 kPa) and rhythmic circular movements to stimulate lymph flow.
Reiki & Acupuncture Treatments
Reiki is a healing technique based on the principle that the therapist can channel energy into the patient by means of touch, to activate the natural healing processes of the patient’s body and restore physical and emotional well-being.
Acupuncture is a blend of Eastern and Western acupuncture philosophies resulting in a treatment that allows a release of the stressors of everyday life.