Kelcie Beckwith, Physiotherapist
Clinical Focus: Women’s and Pelvic Health including pregnancy, postnatal recovery, pelvic health for women including bowel, bladder, and sexual dysfunction. Assessment and treatment of acute and chronic orthopedic and sports injury conditions such as sprains, strains, fractures, back/hip/pelvic pain with clients of all ages and stages. Kelcie also has a special interest in bodybuilding related pain/injury/dysfunction and has worked with, and is keen on continuing to work with local Ottawa bodybuilder, physique, figure, wellness and bikini competitors.
Treatment techniques include gentle joint mobilizations, myofascial release, dry needling & acupuncture, exercise prescription, therapeutic ultrasound & taping.
Kelcie is a Registered Physiotherapist who graduated from Queen’s University (2018) with her Master of Science in Physical Therapy. Kelcie has had enriching clinical experiences treating a variety of orthopaedic conditions with clients of all ages, using evidence-based therapeutic approaches (i.e. manual therapy, soft tissue releases and exercise prescription). She is passionate about empowering clients – through education and encouragement- to take an active role in their wellness and/or recovery and live their best quality of life.
Kelcie has taken specific post graduate training including using internal and external hands-on techniques to evaluate the tone/strength and general function of the pelvic floor muscles. Common conditions she treats include:
- Stress incontinence (leaking when you cough, laugh, sneeze or exercise)
- Diastasis recti (abdominal separation)
- Urinary frequency & urinary urgency and its accompanying incontinence (not making it to the washroom on time)
- Pelvic organ prolapse (uterine prolapse, cystocele and rectocele)
- Low back, pelvic girdle or tailbone pain
- Internal pelvic pain (including pain during intercourse, vaginisimus, endometriosis, and interstitial cystitis)
- Musculoskeletal pains and/or injuries
Kelcie understands that pelvic floor issues may be a vulnerable topic, but she believes that her compassionate and positive approach can help clients feel empowered in a comfortable and safe environment.
Services & Fees
|General Physiotherapy Services||Fee|
|Initial visit- 60 minutes||$125|
* All initial physiotherapy appointments are booked for one hour
|Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy Services||Fee|
|Initial visit- 60 minutes||$140|